Birthmothers’ most urgent need is prayer.
Here’s what you can do.
3 ways to get started praying for life and the unborn
- Join Birthmothers for its weekly prayer time: (get details.) Please also share your prayer requests prior to each week’s prayer call by email and we will lift them up during this weekly prayer time.
- Subscribe to Friends4Life – free, weekly prayer devotionals for those who care about women, families, and the unborn
- Use the prayer helps below as you intercede by yourself or with prayer partners – wherever you are
Use these prayer helps on your own or with a group as together we intercede for the unborn in our nation.
Praise to the Creator
- God is the Author of life. (Acts 3:15)
- God gave life to you and to those you know. (Deuteronomy 32:6)
- God is our Creator. (Genesis 1:1)
Pray for our nation
- Confession for our nation’s casual and callous view of life. (1 John 1:9)
- For God to make abortion rare and to move pregnant women’s hearts to choose life. (Isaiah 42:16)
- For God’s truth to stand against godless forces in our nation. (John 17:17)
Pray for those who face an unplanned pregnancy
- That Jesus would help her (and her partner) to understand His incredible love for them and their child (1 John 3:1).
- For God to touch hearts of those who face an unplanned pregnancy (Proverbs 21:1).
- For God to stand against fear on the pregnant woman’s (and her partner’s) heart (2 Timothy 1:7).
- For God to open the pregnant woman’s (and her partner’s) ears to His voice (Jeremiah 9:20).
- For God to raise up those who will walk with a pregnant woman or her partner, offering unconditional love and support (Proverbs 17:17).
- For the Holy Spirit – not the Enemy or self – to direct the woman’s thoughts (John 16:13).
Pray for the cause of life
- For no weapon to be formed against those who work in the cause of life (Isaiah 54:17).
- For God to raise up godly leaders in the fight for the unborn (1 Peter 5:1-3).
- Seek God’s leading for your next step in the battle for life. (Psalm 37:7).