For You From The Word
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John 8:32, NIV)
For You To Think About
Women and men who face an unplanned pregnancy often have barriers that prevent them from choosing life. These barriers fall into three main categories: intellectual barriers, emotional barriers, and volitional barriers.
A Friend can support a woman or man who faces an unplanned pregnancy by helping them to overcome those barriers.
An intellectual barrier is an obstacle based on poor information, be it inaccurate information, incomplete information, or misleading information.
Information drives a person’s thoughts. In turn, thoughts drive emotions – and emotions lead to behavior. Poor information can drive certain emotions which can lead a pregnant woman to choose to terminate.
But when you give accurate information to a woman or man who faces an unplanned pregnancy, you help drive accurate thoughts. That in turn, allows the woman or man to respond with appropriate emotions and can help a woman to choose life.
You can provide accurate information to help a woman or man overcome these intellectual barriers and be set free:
▪ Life does not begin at conception. (Science has disproved this.)
▪ It’s not a person. It’s just a blob of tissue. (Ultrasounds reveal the truth.)
▪ I will have to do this all alone. (Volunteer friends provide personal support.)
▪ I can’t afford this. (Help is available.)
▪ This will ruin my life. (Bringing a life into the world is an amazing opportunity.)
For You To Pray
Thank you for the truth. Allow pregnant women and their partners to overcome poor or misleading information to see the truth about life.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.